Monday, August 31, 2009

What I learned from my 10 thousand step challenge.

I'm not giving up yet, but I have learned a few things this week with the 10 thousand step challenge.
1- I don't move/walk as much as I though I did.
2- Wearing a pedometer takes some getting used to. I only dropped it twice, but I was always aware of it and worried I would drop it more.
3- It's devastating to walk half the day and somehow have your pedometer reset itself. At that point you just throw up your hands and say, " forget it, I'm sitting the rest of the day."

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh do I understand the frustration! My pedometer kept slipping off and falling so now I safety pin the strap to my pants so if it unclips itself and least it doesn't hit the ground. I was on the treadmill today and must have hit enter which stops my pedometer from counting...I lost at least 15 minutes of steps which did not amuse me. Keep going and know that I am learning the same lessons :).