Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seeing Blue and Peach

Maybe it's because I love the pictures, but I love blueberry picking with the kids. My friend Emily and I, took our kids last week to one of our local orchards and picked blueberries and peaches. The kids love eating the peaches and we have already made yummy blueberry cobbler. Elliot didn't get to participate last year much, but this year she was my most enthusiastic picker. I explained to pick only the blue or purple ones, NO pink ones because they weren't ready yet. She had so much fun walking up and down the rows of berries saying, "just purple, no pink ones." She even demanded I take some pictures of her picking.
I washed and froze most everything when we got home. We look forward to having "peach ding-ding" this winter. Oh, and of course, blueberry muffins!

3 comments:

Retired and Happy said...

It looked like you had a great time and i would be saying the same thing as Eliot just to make sure!
This must be the season, I went with Chris, Erin, George, Nathon, and their friend to glean peaches from the church orchard. You would be surprised what they left behind, we filled up the van behind the back seat. It was really a lot of fun and we got to share with Ryan and Tiff too.
I love the season of harvest...

Grandpa Larry

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

I too, love the pictures of Blueberry Picking Time. I's so cute that Elliot likes to have her picture taken. She's going to be a scrapbooker.

Michelle said...

How fun...I love the pictures! Happy Anniversary!! Post a picture of the pearls if you get a chance you lucky gal.