Friday, August 7, 2009

A few things forgotten.

My Dad mentioned in one of his comments the funny story of Miles at the baptism.

Later on Saturday evening we were all sitting around discussing the baptism and how wonderful it was, and Miles said to me. "Mom, I didn't realize Dad was going to say our full names in the prayer, when he started saying, 'Caleigh Lucile Peterson...' I thought, Why is he yelling at Caleigh."

Ha, Ha, Ha the thoughts of a 8 year old.

One more thing, Elliot has found herself a real life Hero. She is completely taken with one of the missionaries of our ward, Elder Brown. His last companion, Elder Purdue really was sensitive about it saying things like, "I don't know why she doesn't like me too." Elder Purdue was recently transferred and now Elder Smith has to see if he adds up, but so far her obsession is true to just Elder Brown. Some think it's like a crush, I think for a 2 year old it's more like if Dora the Explorer walked out of the TV into our living room. She makes sure we bless Elder Brown every night in our prayers. Ex: Miles saying prayer will say, "Bless the missionaries..." and Elliot will yell, "No, No...bless Elder Brown" So funny.

3 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

I miss you guys. I am so glad you had such a fun week and that Miles and Caleigh got to be baptized. Everytime we talked about it or saw a picture of their baptism Ali would get all upset and say, "why can't I be baptized yet?" Sure do miss you tons!

Melissa said...

That is soooo cute!
Lydia also has some unexplainable crushes. She tells us everyday that she is marrying someone new.

val said...

Um you didn't just have baptisms, you packed the whole summer in a couple days. It looks like a lot of fun. They don't look old enough to be 8.