Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last days of Summer...

Last week we tried to make the most of our last week of summer. Thursday we met up with some friends for some beach fun. We went to a new beach (new to our family, of course the beach isn't new). It's in New castle just minutes from the Wentworth by the Sea. It's not my favorite for swimming, but it wins the prize for "best tide pooling" beach. The rocks are wonderful for the kids to "treasure hunt" in. Caleigh found a hermit crab and all of the girls loved looking for sea glass. The boys loved the rocks for climbing on. My favorite part: the view! While I sat on the beach in my chair I had two lighthouses on my horizon.

This was named, "Boy Island" I watched from the beach worried a little that I might have to get wet when I jumped in to save someone from slipping on the rocks. Luckily, the boys stayed safe, and I stayed dry.



I love these pictures with Miles and his sisters. Maybe because he's the oldest, but I can really rely on Miles to help me keep everyone safe and happy.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a fun end of summer day. I think the photo of Miles and Elli all snuggled up is my favorite. I love the fact that I now recognize my nursery buddy in your photos! Hugs and kisses to all of you.

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Those pictures are so good. Tell Caleigh to save her sea glass. I regret not doing that with the glass I found in Hawaii.