Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Waiting for St. Nick...

The kids have been doing a pretty good job about keeping their excitement in check, but Tuesday night Griffin and Miles voted to put all the presents under the tree. I have been keeping them all in my room for obvious reasons. ELLIOT. I could just see her ripping open everyone presents and then telling them what they got. Caleigh was against the whole idea, she thought we should wait till Christmas eve like we've done in the past. But Griffin was insistent that we could, "teach Elliot to stay away from the presents." (his words, not mine). So I conceded. They look great, and Miles thought the tree looked much better. Caleigh said, "the red paper does bring out the garland Mom."

I remember when I grew up my mom would put some presents under the tree (it seemed like a lot) and my brothers would build GI Joe forts between the packages. Alot of "shaking" went on by all of us, and a few presents were seen early through ripped corners. Ah...I love Christmas.


(sorry about this one, but Elliot is really into her "hamburger buns.)"




No comments: