Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Decking our Halls


We have been busy with the usual decorating for Christmas. The kids look forward to getting out their own little trees to decorate. (they look forward to it more than the big tree!)

Caleigh has been in decorating overdrive with crafts for her own room. She has hung snowflakes from the ceiling (hung with yarn from her rug since I was too busy to find her string). A wreath on the door, and a cute poster, wishing everyone who enters her room a "beary Christmas." I love her creative side and look forward to do many craft projects with her over the years.

This year I added a new decoration, a spode tea kettle, that we simmer potpourri in all season long. This is something Mike's mom, Frankie has in her home and I have always wanted one. When I walked into Homegoods and found this one, I almost cried. Our house smells just as good as Grandma's house now.





Another addition to our Holiday decor this year, are these super cute pillow cases. These were our Christmas present from our dear friends the Titus'. Emily made each of them, and my kids couldn't put them on their pillows fast enough. What a great, creative idea. We look forward to using these for Christmases to come.

No comments: