Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One last post before bed.

We have been reading a different Christmas book each night this week (you gotta love the library). Tuesday night we read, Tony's Bread. A story about Panettonne, a traditional Italian Christmas bread. The author admits his version is not the true story of where the bread came from, but most all the stories are similar.

After reading the story I realized I had seen this bread sold at TJ Maxx for years. I always thought it was so weird, but they do have a good selection of specialty foods, so maybe not that weird. Anyway I picked some up today for all of us to try. The kids were not fans, and Mike said he ate similar bread all through his mission in Argentina. I am only 1/4 Italian, but I loved the bread. Good thing, since it looks like I will be eating the whole thing myself!






I recognized it from the story, because of it's unique shape (like a giant cupcake). In the story, the baker runs out of bread pans, and has to use a flower pot, which ends up being everyones favorite shape.

No comments: