Friday, August 22, 2008

10 years and still counting...

Today is Mike and my anniversary. 10 YEARS, can you believe it! So I though it would be appropriate for me to share what I LOVE about this great guy. (these are not in order of importance).

-Mike is so intelligent, and he never makes me feel stupid. Most of you know I am not the smartest cookie, but Mike is always teaching me and answering my questions.
-Mike is such a hard worker (stop laughing family) he could never build me a house, or tear apart our car and put it back together, but how many people do you know who can work 40 hours a week, go to school full time, and fit in family time. And he makes it look easy!
-Mike has so many hidden talents that he shares with me and the kids.
-He is so fun to hang out with, We still laugh our heads off when were together.
-Mike never says anything bad about me. Even when we are fighting or upset with each other, I know Mike never complains to anyone about me, unless he is joking. I really like that.
-Mike is so creative and is romantic in a non traditional way. One time while we were at his parents he snuck off and called our home answering machine and left me a message. I've never heard of someone doing that, so cute! The song on my play list is another cute moment. He is always sending me songs from youtube. This one, he sent telling me it made him think of me. It's one of my favorites now.
Okay, I could go on forever, and Mike is probably dying of embarrassment as he reads this, but, I love this man, and I am glad I get to be with him for Eternity. "Thanks Mike for the last 10 years, thanks for sticking around all this time."

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has been a decade and yet I do feel like I have known you forever. I am so glad that you two found each other.

By the way, I think I just won the "not the smartest cookie" award. I turned on the volume to listen to the song in your playlist and it was just a jumble of music and I couldn't make out the words and I thought "hmmm, that's a weird song". Took me a good 30 seconds to realize that the playlist from my blog was playing right along with the playlist from yours!

Retired and Happy said...

Wow 10 years. It has gone by so fast. Mike I think Laura has always adored you and felt like you were her king. I think the flowers and candy were a special touch. We are so greatful for the 15 days we spent with you we really got to know Mike and the kids on a different level and we love it. And Larry said we are very close to the Penski and Janessa. everytime we see one we make comment. Have a wonderful day and the next ten years will only be better. Love Mom and Dad

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Happy Anniversary. You've showed me a whole new side of Mick. I've always known what was special about
him and I'm so glad he is letting his light shine. The romance part is all about being a Peterson guy.
They're all diamonds that just have to be polished a litte by their wives. Big Bear Hugs.....

The Crazy Heads said...

Tender! I loved it. congrats you two and Happy Anniversary!