Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We have arrived!

After 5 days in the car we have made it to New Hampshire!!! I have so many pictures to come, but I just wanted to let you know we made it. The ward here is amazing. They welcomed us with cleaning supplies and meals for the first 3 nights.

I have to say when we pulled up to our new home I thought, "I feel like we are camping." There are trees everywhere. I mean everywhere. When you pull into a town you can't tell your in a town because everything is hidden in trees. My parents say it is similar to the Oregon coast, but I have never been. It's a little claustrophobic right now, but I hope we will get used to it. Our backyard is nestled up to the woods. Romantic right? Now, let me tell you about the ticks, chiggers, mosquito's, poison ivy and oak, and sumac. I have to coat my kids with "Deep Woods OFF" before they go out to play. Plus at night I have to do "tick checks" with the kids to make sure they haven't picked up any. Only 40% have Lyme disease. And the mosquito's still carry west Nile over here. I am thinking of inventing bug-proof suits. please send ideas for patterns.

2 comments:

The Super Nerd said...

It was so good to talk to you tonight. I am completely excited for your new "camping" adventure. I fully think that if you look at it as an adventure, it will be more enjoyable. I love you so much and will be praying for Mike, you and the kids.

Matt Peterson said...

You should soak their clothes in Permetherin. It kills ticks on contact and lasts 8 washes. You can get it at cabelas.com.
I've used it the past 2 years for our cabin trips and it works great!