Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Farewell to Boise; a top 10 list

It's finally time to bid Boise farewell, and I can't stop the tears from falling. Living in Boise since I was 3, with a few years exception, means there is a lot to leave behind. So here is my 10 ten things that will be missed. And believe me, there are way way more than 10!

10. I heard once Boise is the largest city per capita for Restuarants. You all know my obsession with food. Farmington, NH doesn't even have a McDonalds. Farewell Cheesecake factory, nacho's from Johnny Carino's, and burgers and fries from GoodTimes. Maybe without you all I might finally loose my extra weight.

9. Good bye to Valley View Elementary. The teachers were fantastic, the PTO rocked, and the parent involvement is amazing. And carpooling with Laura Wilson worked out so well, how will I replace you, Laura?

8. So long summer programs in Boise and Meridian. For the past 2 summers we have enjoyed eating FREE lunch in the park everyday. The Idaho Food bank provides free lunch for children 1-18 years of age, all summer long. You can't believe how much money I saved in the summers. Last year we discovered Movies in the park, in Meridian. With Shannon and her kids, we spent most Fri. or Saturday nights watching a movie projected onto a giant blow-up screen. The kids stayed up past midnight, eating popcorn, and laughing at the family friendly movie picked that week. Good Times!

7. I will miss having so much family close by for all the holidays throught the year. Frankie's house at Christmas time is amazing! The annual Christmas pageant at my Mom's will definetly be missed. The easter egg hunt, the BBQ's, and the birthday Bashes that put my house at Capacity.

6. "Good bye, Maple Grove Ward." I have loved being a part of such a wonderful ward that cares for each other the way ours has. When we first moved in I was pregnant with the twins and when they were born I was showered (not sprinkled, but showered) with gifts and acts of charity, from the ward. I always felt welcome in any circle of people and I leave behind many friends, who's lessons will stay with me always. I love you all.

5. I am going to miss having all my favorite stores within a 5 mile radius of me. Everthing is so close together and I can hit a lot of stores in a short amount of time. Grapples on Thursdays, Newberry street, Children's place, Target, and the entire Mall.

4. I will miss being around my Mom and her amazing ability to make my house sparkle. Whenever my parents come over for a visit my mom starts doing the dishes or folding clothes. At first it really bugged me, "Mom, just sit and visit, I will fold those tomorrow." "Put down the Windex Mom," But now it is the opposite of bugging me. I can call her whenever and she will stop by and pick up the slack. Everyone knows I am such a "mamma's girl."

3. Of course Sunday night dinners at my families house. I love having lots people around and Sunday night at my Mom's always helps me get through the week.

2. The Peterson family! They are wonderful. I love chatting with Frankie about Movies and books. Tom is always chasing my kids around, and nothing will ever top Halloween at Uncle Jeff's! Plus the Utah Peterson are just a hop-skip-and jump away.

1. And Lastly, the hardest part about this move, is leaving my little home. I can't believe when we walk out of the door on Monday, it will be for the last time. We will get to see our family and friends again, but we must say goodbye to our home. We have so many memories in this home and I know that it will be hard to leave it behind, but we have to move on. Right?

If you read this whole post thanks, I think it has been my longest one yet. I love you all and thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers that you have sent our way during these past few months. It will be a week or two before I get to post again, but then WATCH OUT! I promised my family daily post about our New England adventures. Just till they get used to the idea of us gone.
Farewell Boise...the city of trees.





8 comments:

Tracy said...

Bon Voyage! I remember leaving California three years ago. It was a bittersweet experience. I was a California girl at heart and saying goodbye was tough. My next adventure however turned out to be better than I could have ever imagined and I am hoping you find the same in New Hampshire. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family for a safe and wonderful drive across the country. I can't wait to visit but until then I will be an avid reader of your blog. Hugs and Kisses to all of you.

Melissa said...

Oh Laura, you are so great. You haven't said one negative thing about this whole move (at least, not on your blog). You have been positive and upbeat about it all. Your post made me miss Boise terribly and made me so sad that you have to leave your families. I am re-living our move.
You guys will be in our prayers! You are great!!!

Shannon and Family said...

I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I also miss the movie nights in the park. They were so much fun. Thanks for all the great memories! We love you!

Janessa said...

I am sad you are leaving Boise too. When we moved from our house in Dec., I cried everyday. I'd even drive by it several times a week. Especially when you've had all your kids there, you miss the memories the most. But the good thing about memories is that they stay in your heart. Good luck on your new adventure, I am so excited for you. Have fun:)

The Crazy Heads said...

Laura, that was all so wonderful and sad at the same time. I miss you guys tons, but I am so happy for you. Sunday night dinners will NEVER be the same without you. You always made us laugh until it hurt . . . "do you know why that happened?" My kids will dearly miss your kids, Ali talks about you guys everyday. We kept track of where you were on her states placemat on your way to NH. I wish you the best of luck. In 5 years you will be crying the same tune leaving the people behind that you have made friends with there. Farewell and you better keep your promise with those updates.

val said...

Wherever you and your family are right now, may you blessed and protected. Your post made me cry. I have known your family from the begining. You are brave, We have only lived here for 8 years and loved ever bit. I couldn't leave. But you will have good times wherever you go cause home is just being with you hubby and kids.
Safe travels.

Anonymous said...

Aw, you make me feel sad for you. You guys are brave, I'm no sure I would be willing to embark on such an adventure. Good luck!! I loved your comment about aunt Marie always folding clothes, etc. It's exactly what grandma Willis & my mom does.
love, Tress

Kata said...

precious!