Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Goodwin Library

Monday is our Library day. They always have a fun kid craft for the children to sit down and do. The Library is small, but they have a good selection of books. Caleigh has found a new series called "Dear, Dumb Diary" I am so happy they all seem to enjoy books and reading.



Here is Caleigh at a Cartooning workshop that the Library offered. They had a professional cartoonist that came and talked to them and worked with them. She didn't want to do it at first, I am sure because she tends to be shy with new things. But once we got there and she started drawing, I could have left and she never would have noticed. The cartoonist (I should have gotten her name) said Caleigh did very well for her age and thought she would enjoy another art program they offer in the fall. Caleigh had so much fun and she even got a new notepad and pen to practice her art.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Tell our budding artist that as soon as she feels comforable with it, I would love one of her drawings to hang in my house!

KlassenKlan said...

Looks like fun! I love the Library. The beach looks wonderful. That would be my favorite place. I grew up around the great lakes which are much like the ocean. I do miss it at times.