Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A "necessary" Evil?

The twin's requested McDonald's for their birthday lunch. There is only one restaurant with a play area close by(this is not the real picture of it, just one I got off the Internet). Anyway like every visit to one of these fast food play lands, I sit and think about all the children that have spread their germs before us. And I wonder why I still allow myself to bring my children to these places. I am always certain no matter how much sanitizer I make the kids smear on their hands, we are walking away with so much more than an afternoon of fun.

Sure enough, Elliot was throwing up the next day, followed by Caleigh that night. The boys have yet to get sick, but...
So I am sending out the question, are these playgrounds even worth it. Yes, you get to sit inside away from the elements, and the kids work out their energy, but is is worth the days that you are house bound afterward, because everyone is so sick?

And as a side note, this particular play land we visited was gross, we only let the kids play for a short while.

4 comments:

Janessa said...

I have the same thoughts about all the germs the kids are touching when we go to the inside play lands. I feel like bringing my own sanitizing wipes and wiping everything down. I honestly think the employees wash it a couple times a year, if that. I am so sorry your kids are sick. Stomach flu has got to be the worst, especially because you keep on anticipating, who's going to get it next. Good luck, I hope you are getting sleep at night.

Melissa said...

Yes, I am torn about these playplaces. Travis has refused to take them there for many reasons. One time we went there and some kid had urinated at the top. I don't think some worker went up there with bleach.

Shannon and Family said...

So sorry the kids got sick. They probably enjoyed their time at Mcdonald's. Maybe having too much is the reason they got sick?? Just a positive thought. HA! HA!

The Crazy Heads said...

You poor thing. I am happy to report that we have actually never brought home an illness. While I'm sure it is highly unsanitary, it is one of those things that I say if it doesn't kill them, it will only make them stronger. Now hopefully you won't have any fatalities.