Thursday, March 18, 2010

Parent/Teacher Conference.

Today was parent/teacher conference. I LOVE meeting with my children's teachers and discussing how school is going. Here's some of my favorite comments of the day.

Griffin- His teacher is Misses Weidacher. She is a character to look at. She tells the kids that she dresses in the dark and that is why her socks never match and her skirts never go with her t-shirts. This women is dedicated to teaching, and she has been one of my favorite teachers so far. Anyway...Griffin has caught up on his reading and is on grade level (yeah, we have been working so hard on this). He is also doing so well in speech, that he won't have to attend summer school. He is so glad, he really didn't want to go this year. He has found a love for writing and cracks his teacher up with his facial expressions while he writes.
Griffin took a major blow this past month loosing two good buddies, who have moved, but his teacher says he seems to be doing okay with it. Misses Weidacher says he talks about Boise and all of his family daily. She is as excited as we all are that he gets to visit Boise this summer.

Miles- His teacher is Mrs. Pankey and she has been such a good fit for Miles. Miles can display some OCD habits and she has a daughter with OCD. Mrs. Pankey had nothing but good things to say about Miles, he is "wicked" smart and a leader in the classroom. He is social and gets along with any one she puts him by. She says she often pairs him up with struggling students, knowing Miles will help them out, without telling them the answers. Miles is reading at a 7th grade reading level, and missed 8th grade level because of his speed. I am really proud of Miles, who for the last 3 years has been known as a "talker." It seems he's maturing enough to know when to focus and when to talk.

Caleigh- Her teacher is Mrs. Peck. Mrs. Peck has a rep at the school of being the "meanest teacher" but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. Caleigh thinks she's great and that's all that matters.

Mrs. Pecks only complaint with Caleigh is she is too quiet. (I have to keep reminding myself "Caleigh is shy"...how did I end up with a shy child?) She said she would love it if Caleigh would jump up on her desk and yell or scream or something. Funny huh?
Caleigh is my biggest reader and she is doing awesome at a 6th grade reading level. She is good in Math (despite the fact she cries over her homework every night). And she is doing good socially. I'm so grateful Caleigh is doing okay socially, when I worry about her so much. She is so shy around big groups of people and can have big melt downs when she feels anxious.

I love checking in and getting one on one time with the women who see my children as much as I do.

1 comment:

Retired and Happy said...

Griffith hooray no summer school. I am glad all three are doing so well. Have faith mom you are doing a good job and they are great kids.