Monday, March 8, 2010

Grandpa Tom's Visit

Grandpa Tom hopped on a plane to visit us this past weekend. Of course, the kids were beside themselves when I told them he was coming. They loved swimming in the pool at his hotel and spending time with him; they especially loved his stories.

Mike and I were so grateful that he was willing to make such a quick, last minute trip. The reason for his visit was to ordain Mike a High Priest on Sunday. Mike was called to serve as 2nd counselor in our Bishopric, and so he needed to be made a High Priest. Mike can now say his father has ordained him to every office of the priesthood. Thanks Tom for being here for Mike's special day.

Woo hoo Grandpa Tom is here. (Really this is Elliot hamming it up for G. Tom. She is being exercise girl, couldn't you tell?)
G. Tom and the boys played cards for 1-2 hours on Sunday. A mothers dream, could you come back every Sunday G. Tom?
Eating at Johnson's, our favorite local restaurant.
Before we could let him leave, we added G. Tom to our families growth chart. Now the boys can really try to live up to Grandpa.

2 comments:

Kata said...

First off, I LOVE TOM!! He looks great! Glad to see the years are treating him right! The BISHOPBRIC!! Wow! Mike will be awesome! 2nd coun- over primary- wish he were here! Congrats Mike! And can I get your weight loss recipie? Hard work? ahhh! Also- I want to make a growth chart, umm, yesterday! Can you tell me where to start the measurement? That would be so fun to have around! And I want you to design MY blog. So so cute! you are amazing!i

Kata said...

First off, I LOVE TOM!! He looks great! Glad to see the years are treating him right! The BISHOPBRIC!! Wow! Mike will be awesome! 2nd coun- over primary- wish he were here! Congrats Mike! And can I get your weight loss recipie? Hard work? ahhh! Also- I want to make a growth chart, umm, yesterday! Can you tell me where to start the measurement? That would be so fun to have around! And I want you to design MY blog. So so cute! you are amazing!i