Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Irish Soda Bread

After checking with two different stores for Irish Soda Bread I decided to make my own. The poor thing was too wet and too sticky. It looks nothing like the pictures and I followed the recipe exactly. Oh well, I've already sampled a corner and it taste wonderful, it just looks more like a pancake than a round loaf of bread.





Since tomorrow is a busy day for us, we are having our (new) traditional corned beef and cabbage. I have my dear friend Emily to thank for the preparation to this dish. It's pretty easy and it's Mike's absolute favorite.

Happy St. Patty's day.


Here's the recipe I used, next time I'll use less buttermilk.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Soda-Bread-II/Detail.aspx

3 comments:

Kata said...

Sweet! Why isn't this on our craft blog? ummmmm... perfect for it too!! I need to do some posts. I have some things ready for it. Love the button and new look!

Retired and Happy said...

That is wonderful you have started that tradition. We are having ours tomorrow. IT is good to have a little Irish in all of us.

Titus Fam said...

We just had our corned beef and cabbage Friday. Luckily, I was able to find some irish soda bread at the store! I'm going to try this recipe next year, though - I'll probably need to make it myself in Moscow.