Friday, March 19, 2010

A great day.

With the kids out of school, and the sun shining, we had a wonderful day at home today. The kids played outside ALL day. I got so much done, sanding, priming, and painting my dining room table and chairs (I'll post pictures on my craft blog when it's all finished).

Mike was able to get a full nights sleep and help me with my painting and other small projects around the house. We ended the day with dinner outside around the fire pit. The kids had the idea and we were happy to go with it. Mike worked with the boys on starting the fire and Caleigh and I got all the stuff out for hot dogs and s'mores. I was a little worried about Elliot, but she was happy and content to sit in her chair and have everything brought to her. What a great day. We hope to have many more like this one.




3 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

I want the sun! We had snow flurries today. At first I thought it was cotton blowing around, but the trees weren't moving. I love doing things outside. Great activity!

Tracy said...

Looks like a great day! I can't believe how dark Caleigh's hair has gotten. What cute, cute kids! Can't wait to see you all :).

Retired and Happy said...

It looks like Spring back there. It must be warm if they are in shorts. What a fun thing. Did you get the fire ring back from the neighbors?