Sunday, June 8, 2008

Caleigh Lou's 1st sleep over.

I loved sleepovers when I was a kid, but when the lights went out, I was always the last one to fall asleep. I could lay awake for hours listening to the sleeping sounds around me wide-eyed hoping morning would come soon. So for this reason and a few others I put off sleepovers. Since Caleigh might not, (it's too sad to say will not) see her friends after we move I thought she deserved a sleepover. So we shipped the boys to Grandma Marie's and we had our own girl pajama-jam.
This is the girls the next morning.
Finally they all fell asleep.
They had so much fun running thru the sprinklers

We had a jump rope contest and I think Caleigh was the last one to win. She was pretty good about it.

When we dropped the girls off the next morning Caleigh cried. She is going to miss all of her wonderful friends that she won't get to see for a while. One of the girls said when we were settling down for the night, "this is the best day ever." I know Caleigh would agree.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

OK - if you want to get a little teary eyed on this one, I recommend reading it while playing In My Life from Laura's playlist! I am glad Caleigh (Hi Caleigh) enjoyed her sleepover and her friends. I still remember the party my mom had for my friends and I before we moved from Hawaii to Utah. I still have the apron they made me. Mom's are the best!

Shannon and Family said...

Looks like it was blast. I loved sleep overs. It was always fun to play at other people houses.

The Crazy Heads said...

That sounds so cool. That was so nice of you Laura to do that for her. I haven't been nice enough yet to my daughter. I am afraid at what would happen when you get that many girls together.

Kata said...

I LOVED all of OUR sleepovers together! Remember you Barbie and The Rocker's stage- and we would play that hot pink casset you had, and sing- and we really thought we'd be rock stars someday.