Monday, June 2, 2008

A new home

I just wanted to share a photo of the house we will be renting in New Hampshire. We were so lucky, with a little help from some friends, to find a real house to move to. I am so glad we won't be moving to a scary apartment were we don't know anybody. We have already made some contacts with some people in NH, "Hi, Emily and Chelsea!"

The kids have been asking that our next house have stairs, I was so glad to be able to find something that does! I don't know why they wanted stairs so badly, maybe it makes it feel like a BIG house. Right now though we are trying to do everything we can think of to make this move easier for them. Anyway we leave in 3 weeks and two days, I am getting nervous and excited. Anyone have good suggestions for the 5 day car ride? Especially for Elliot.

8 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

My friend Bethany drives to Mexico a lot and I asked her that very question on how she entertains her 4 kids and she buys them toys at the dollar store an wraps them up so they get a present every few miles. I thought what a fun thing to do. Kids love to open presents!

Tracy said...

I am so happy you found a place! Let me know when you are there and ready for company and I will come help you unpack. As for the long drive I love Shannon's suggestion. If I think of any other suggestions, I will let you know.

Anonymous said...

I also did the present idea going to Disneyland a couple of years ago... recently I bought a traveling BINGO that has pictures of things you might see on your travels like railroad signs, stop signs, rivers, bridges, etc., etc.
Good luck! It all seems so exciting.
Tres

The Crazy Heads said...

I am so happy for you guys. That house looks perfect for you guys, I am jealous of all the land. We are so sad to see you guys go, but we are happy for you. As for the car ride...medicate them! I have no other solutions. But seriously, have you tried looking up ideas online?

Laura said...

I have found a few website's full of ideas for games and printable games. So I think I am getting well prepared, I am mostly worried how Elli is going to do. I think the medicating her idea might be in consideration after the first 10 hour day.

The Super Nerd said...

Check out www.momsminivan.com.

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Liked the website Ryan suggested. It's full of printable games. Because the scenery changes they'll be fine, Elli on the other hand will need more attention, and be sure to count heads everytime you get into the car. Good luck.

Kata said...

adorable! I love it! It'll be perfect! Looks like it has some extra space I could come crash in!