Monday, January 4, 2010

Birthday Girl


I made Elliot's traditional Pink Almond birthday cake. We also always have Strawberry whoppers and strawberry wafer cookies for everyone to munch on.
She even wished everyone a happy birthday.


Elliot is one of my best friends! With the older 3 in school, we get a lot of "hangin out" time. She is the BEST 3 year old to take shopping. She loves to bring me things and say, "this is so cute, but were not getting it." As she shakes her head and puts it back on the shelf.

Elliot is so sincere, she Thanks me all day for the littlest things. Everyone who knows her well, knows she is pretty independant, she is determined to get her own way (what 3 year old isn't). But she is also getting better at sharing. I love to hear her say things like, "how bout we both get it." while she watching TV with Caleigh and they both want a toy. She is learning to trade, or wait her turn with her friends, and she reminds me to set the timer. She is very easy to reason with, and she rarely gets time outs any more. She still loves to get into everything, but her favorite, is to raid my purse. I've gone through 3 chapsticks so far this winter. And I don't even know how much gum. But she is always sorry when she is caught, which means there's hope for her yet.

Happy birthday, baby!

4 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl. We miss the whole Peterson gang and wish we could be near you to celebrate.

Tracy said...

Wow! I want to celebrate my next birthday at your house! Give Elliot a big kiss from me (and tell her the present is on it's way).

Melissa said...

What a doll! What a princess! We miss you guys so much, here, but are so happy you have so many fabulous friends taking care of you there!
We are in the same ward with Kirsten Ulmer, funny, eh?

Janessa said...

How fun! You have the cutest kids. You and Mike look fantastic! Hope you have a happy new year.