Saturday, January 30, 2010

31 years!

I had a wonderful birthday thank you to all my kind friend and family who made it extra special. Mike took the kids on their traditional shopping trip and they spoiled me with two new CD's, MP3 player, season 1 of Glee, and a lemon zester( I really needed one.) Plus I was able to use some of my birthday money from family to buy a blue ray player. It is awesome!

The night before my birthday, me and the kids had a sleepover at my friend Mary's house, with her kids and the Tituses (minus Jeff of course, who was out of town).

Before the sleepover Mary watched all the kids so Emily and I could go to book club. We had an amazing dinner with potatoes in creme sauce, that I wanted to take a bath in, home made bread, pork, baked apples, and a triffle that was extra yummy with home made custard made from fresh milk from a local farm. Really I could have died and gone to heaven, thanks Sister Davis! After we rolled our selves out of book club, we headed back to Marys for our sleepover fun.

If you'll remember the ice storm last year, Mary and Steve were the ones who housed us when our power, and heat, were out. So our sleep over reminded the kids of that, and one of the kids asked if our power was out again. It was so fun to listen to the kid's giggles as they were "falling asleep." And it was so fun to just sit and talk. In the morning Emily made my favorite breakfast, french toast casserole, and they even put a candle in it for me to blow out. Then it was a relaxing day at home with the kids, with presents and ended with me making fried mac n' cheese balls (one of my fav's from Cheesecake factory).

Monday, when Mike had the day off, Emily watched Elliot for the day and Mike and I were able to go out to lunch and a movie. I'm so blessed to have so many people who love and care for me.

Thanks everyone!!!!

1 comment:

The Crazy Heads said...

Happy Birthday dear, wish we could be closer to help you celebrate!