Thursday, February 12, 2009

Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman...

The other day I made a comment on one of my entries; where is all of the snow in our front yard going to go when it starts to melt. My sister in law, Tracy, said it would probably go into my garage, because of past experiences with water flooding into my garage. Well... It has been so warm and the snow is melting, and it started raining last night, so it all started going into my garage!
The problem was a 3 foot snowbank was covering up the drainage pipe. So I went out and chipped through the ice and snow and got it uncovered. Yeah! It instantly started draining, then blub, blub, blub it stopped. I kept checking it and it seems to be slowly draining, so I think we are good. But, note for future home buyers or prospective home builders, Don't build a house, then slant the driveway towards the house. Level the ground from the street, then build the house. All of these problems would be solved with a foot more of earth under our home. Look don't I look weary after dealing with all of these water issues. I need a vacation...or my Mommy!

No comments: