Thursday, January 22, 2009

A month long celebration

I am turning 30 tomorrow (put your presents in the mail, I don't mind late ones) and Mike is always so nice to let me celebrate all month long. 2 weeks ago he drove me to Portland, ME to buy my favorite makeup (not available online) which I now, know I can mail-order from Boise. Then last week he took me to Salem, MA to see the House of Seven gables. After the lonely tour (we were the only two) we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. I have been missing their avocado egg rolls, and chocolate tower truffle cake. He also took all four kids, to Target to let them pick out presents for me. He gives them free reign, so they pick whatever they think I will like. Last year was pretty good! All this should make turning 30 a little less painful. Love you babe!


Were sucking in our cheeks, so you all don't know how fat we are. See...he'll do anything for me.

7 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

YEAH!!!!!! Happy Birthday to you Laura. We love you and miss you tons. Wish we could be there with you to help celebrate the big one. Have a happy day!

Shannon and Family said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your month long birthday celebrations. There is a package in the mail from us. Maybe, I should convince Matt to let me celebrate all month long this fall. I am liking the thought of it already. Have a Happy day tomorrow!

Retired and Happy said...

Happy Birthday to our beautiful princess. Have a wonderful day and I am so glad your husband lets you celebrate all month.

val said...

Yeah,
You've joined the thirty club. It's not so bad I still feel twenty in my head. Now if I can just work on lookin twenty. That's gonna have to weight till after the reccission, it's gonna require alot of plastic surgery. Happy Birthday it looks like you had a good time. What makeup is it that is so valuable?

Laura said...

Val- I'm sure you can guess my makeup, you got me hooked. Merle Norman. It's amazing, and you can't order it online. The closest place that sold it is in Maine, an hour away. But, they told me that I could just order it over the phone. So I came home and called Boise, and they shipped it for me. Yeah!

Anonymous said...

I have another year to prepare for the big 3-0!! I better start mentally preparing myself now. Happy Birthday.
Tres

The Super Nerd said...

Happy Birthday Sis! Did you get my message. Dad said you were out to dinner probably. I just want you to know how wonderful of a sister you are and how much i am glad you were born. Love you tons!