Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A recital among friends

Between Christmas and New years my friend Minda and I put together a small recital for our children and a few friends.  Her talented husband teaches their girls piano and so they don't get a chance to have a recital.  So she asked if we would participate and of course I said yes.  

We invited Emma Hunting who played the clarinet, and the Della-Piana family performed as well.  Our old bishop, Steve Guillian and his wife Karen, and Ashlee came to be in the audience.  It was so fun!  Elliot even performed.  The kids have been teaching her Mary had a little lamb, and she plays in perfectly.  She was so proud of herself she told Mike and I many times, "I did not mess up."  Cute, except when one of the performers had just messed up and she leans over and says it.  




Adam our oldest performer rocked out on his Ukulele singing a popular pop song.  What a cute guy he is and a great example for my boys.  

2 comments:

Titus Fam said...

What a great idea! So fun. Tell Elliott we're proud.

Shannon and Family said...

What a way to show off eachother's talents. I love it when children can show off their talents and feel confident of them.