Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Fun

What a great Christmas Eve.  We started the morning with early Christmas presents.  Mike and I gave the boys a Lego table we had put together ourselves.  I actually found the table on the side of the road in a "free" pile.  It was perfect!  I had been scouting out yard sales and discount stores for the past 3 or 4 months, and it was worth the wait finding this baby.
  Anyway, I brought it home, painted it gray, and Mike cut and attached the Lego base plates.   The boys love it and they have plenty of room for their creations.  Since the boys were getting an early present I gave the girls their gifts from me.  New outfits for them and their dolls.    



We had a great fondue party with friends: Huntings and their family, Seveys, Amy Waterman and baby, and the 4 Elders assigned to our ward.  It was a full house, but we had plenty of food to keep everyone happy.  The kids put on the nativity for us.  I love their creative costumes.  Caleigh is wrapped in a sheet, Elliot has a Cleopatra costume on (she is one of the wise men), and Lauren has a Mario cart steering wheel on her head as her halo.  We followed my Mom's program and it was great.  It's one of my favorite traditions.  I still remember wrapping tinsel around my head as a girl while me and my childhood friends played the parts of angels.  

We ended our party in the early evening so everyone could go home and enjoy some of their own traditions.  We were able to open our Christmas eve pj's, and the kids put their stocking where they wanted Santa to drop their gifts off.

They are growing up so fast.  I love you my sweet children. 


And where ever in the world planking came from...here is our tribute to you.

2 comments:

Kata said...

The planking is cracking me up! I love it!

Kata said...

I feel like I got an honorable mention on your blog... all those Christmas Eve's with tinsel! They were the Holiest of nights! XOXO