Thursday, December 8, 2011

The trees are up and the town is lite, the Christmas season has officially begun.

December is flying by...
But on Dec. 1st we got out all the decorations and put the tree up.  Which included the kids' individual trees.  This is one of their favorite traditions, and this year they even had some new ornaments from Gma and Gpa Head.  My Mom had bought them last year after Christmas and sent them to be put away for this year.  Caleigh's were cupcakes, Miles got different musical ornaments, and Griff got sports ornaments.   They were a perfect fit for each kiddo.  (Elliot got all new ornaments last year for Gma and Gpa Head so she didn't need new ones this year.)


And the ever exciting Farmington Tree lighting ceremony took place the first Sat. of the month.  Mike missed out this year, but we still enjoyed some hot chocolate, free cookies, and a visit from Santa.  Santa arrived in his usual manner, on a firetruck.  
  


 The kids love running into friends and seeing people they know from around town.  After the tree was lite and each of the kids got their candy canes from Santa we headed over to FHOP (Farmington house of pizza) ,at their new location(right across the street), and got a pizza.  Oh, we got a cheeseburger for Miles, he's going through an anti-pizza phase.  Weird right?


Oh and on a side note... A couple of weeks ago Miles started asking on a regular basis if Santa was real or not.  Except he didn't ask directly it was more like..."Some of my friends at school don't believe in Santa." as he looks at me from the corner of his eye waiting for a reaction.  
I must not have given him one, because a few days later he said, "So I think I'm the only 5th grader at my school to believe in Santa still."  again looking at me out of the corner of my eye to gauge my reaction.  

So finally after doing some one-on-one shopping with Miles, out of no where I blurted out, "No He's not real, I'm sorry, but your older...." Well you get the idea.  The poor kid had tears in his eyes, and I felt like the worst Mom in the world.  We spent the rest of the car ride home talking it out and me explaining how the Magic of Santa is very real, he seemed cooler about the whole thing.  Now he's in the "know."  And every time I mention Santa to any of the other kids he looks at me, smiles a sly smile, and nods his head and says, "Santa, sure Santa."  

2 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

that is hilarious!! wow, talk about a spoiler alert!

Kata said...

HOw awful! I totally feel your pain! CJ was practically knew last year that Santa wasn't real, but I wouldn't let up, he was only a 3rd grader! But his primary teacher told him Santa wasn't real! I about killed that guy! Anyway, this year we had the talk... it was awful! I hate that he knows! He's even trying to manipulate things. Makes me crazy! He asks me things like "did Santa get Maeli a bike? Did you guys?" Ahh! I think I believed until I was in 7th grade!! pathetic, I know! but weren't Christmases so magical for us? Love you! I'll be thinking of you as we act out the nativity! XOXO