Thursday, January 13, 2011

Elliot has great comedic timing

Elliot reminds me so much of Miles at her age. (Although she is a bit calmer than 4 year old Miles.) The one trait they really have in common, is their ability to come up with one liners. They both say things that really crack me up. Elliot came up with a good one today...

We were shopping all day ( I mean all day), Elliot is usually really good about shopping but today she had a terrible case of the "I want this" and she just wouldn't put stuff back. In her defense she did just finish up with Christmas and Birthday and has been buying stuff with birthday/Christmas money. So she has been getting a lot of stuff lately, but she doesn't quite get the concept of the gift card. The money eventually runs out. So after like the 6th store of her crying because she couldn't get something, I tried to explain to her she was not getting any more toys! Ever! (I was using my stern voice) She said, "Ever! really?" Phew, it's sinking in I thought. Then she says, "Ever mom? Stop the crazy talk." Ha Ha Ha I couldn't stop smiling. I tried hard not to laugh out loud because she really doesn't like that. Griff laughed at her at dinner one night and she told him to "shut it down." What a character!

1 comment:

val said...

Love it, I love your blog you are so good at the details. So fun I can't beleive how big the kids are i mean really it is going by to fast.