Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Softball Caleigh

Caleigh started softball this week. I was a little nervous that she would cling to me and cry. But, true to Caleigh, she surprised me. She was a little hesitant at first, but she took the field during practice and on opening day with no clinging or tears. Before her first game, she even was teasing the other players and laughing and having fun. I felt a little proud of myself for forcing her to do this. She is a little slow to get the ball. Her throws look half-hearted. But she can hit the ball as well as the other girls on the team. And she looks so darn cute in her uniform. I'm still waiting for the clinging and crying but for now...I'm counting my blessings.





3 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

Way to go Caleigh! I wish we lived closer to you guys so we could watch her play. I love to watch baseball games even if I don't know anyone who is playing. Softball is such a fun sport!

Titus Fam said...

Caleigh! We're so proud. Way to go. Ethan didn't know you were doing softball and is so impressed. Laura, when you're all moved in, the boys are requesting pics of your boys playing baseball. As if you didn't have enough to do... Good luck!

Retired and Happy said...

Like daughter like Mom. I remember your softball career. Caleigh will just fine...

Dad