Saturday, October 10, 2009

Griffin's 1st grade fieldtrip

I was so lucky to go with Griffin and all the other 1st grader's to Applecrest farms. It was a change from traditional pumpkin patch field trips. The classes learned all about how apples are picked, sorted, stored, and processed. I loved learning about Bee's and their importance in the apple growing process. I also learned Bee's can't see the color white, and they do actually die if they sting you (a fact I was not sure on). The children got to pick their own bags of apples, and my favorite part were the homemade apple donuts. YUMMY I ended up buying 1/2 dozen to take home, and eating mine and Mike on the way home. Ooops! Don't forget to count the one I got on the apple tour.







Here's Mrs. Weidacher's 1st grade class. Griffin is on the far right.
This was our tour through the farm, we lovingly named her the "General" because she was so good about keeping us all organized and on schedule. I loved her outfit. It was freezing, but she was working those shorts.

3 comments:

Triessa said...

Is there seriously only 17 in his class????? Please make me feel better by saying no.

Laura said...

Sorry, there are only 17 kids in his class. It's wonderful. I always feel like the bigger classes takes so much away from my own children.

Retired and Happy said...

Griffin it looked like you had lots of fun. What a neat opportunity to go learn all about apples. Just another reason why it is so beautiful back there and so many great opportunities.