Saturday, October 10, 2009

Crafty-Crafty Me!

Some how I got the rep of being crafty. Mostly, I just LOVE a project and making new things.

Our ward had a fall pot luck, and Sue Cane( the greatest activity leader) asked me to make center pieces for the tables. I happily took on the challenge (things like center pieces never come easy to me.) I wanted metal lanterns, but couldn't afford real ones, and what would I do with them afterwards? I ended up making my own out of paper. Sorry to Kata who called right after I finished my first one, and couldn't stop telling her how cute I thought they were. Anyway, they were really fun to make, and I love them.


w

4 comments:

kanewoman said...

Oh they were so beautiful and so very perfect! I really had no idea if you had a crafty bone in your body, but I was inspired to ask you and I hit the jackpot! Watch out, you have a reputation to uphold now. The ward is on notice: Laura Peterson is CRAFTY!

Michelle said...

Yes, you are very crafty! I'm stealing your center piece idea by the way!

Retired and Happy said...

Those are darling. Yes you are crafty. You didn't get it from me.

Tracy said...

Having seen them in person I can attest they were very cute and looked like the real deal! Nicely done Laura :).