Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Toothfairies are human too

I can't imagine the drama Caleigh has gone through getting that tooth out and this morning she woke up and found that the drama wasn't over...the tooth fairy forgot to come!!! Oops, I think he (yes, our tooth fairy is male) was too tired from watching the historical victory of Obama last night. I feel like I have made a major Parent faux pa, never forget to put money under your kid's bed. I smoothed it over okay, but I'm gonna have to shell out some moo-la on a "littlest pet shop" toy to make this up to her.

I am a little worried this will happen again. Christmas is only a few short months away, I better make sure "Santa" has it marked on his(or hers) calender. Could you imagine if I forgot that one...

5 comments:

Janessa said...

Shame on the toothfairy (jk). One of my primary kids once told me she didn't get any money from the toothfairy because she was on vacation when she lost her tooth:) Cute Halloween pics, how fun.

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Welcome to the real world of motherhood. This is where the guilt starts and then just builds.
Pet Shop toys do help though.

Tracy said...

Hopefully the kids don't read your blog! I can see it now: "how did you learn about the tooth fairy and santa? Well, I was 7 and reading my mom's blog." Anyway, even tooth fairies aren't perfect :). (Santa on the other hand...)

val said...

Hey you must be a tooth fairy begginer. I have forgotten twice. The trick is you run in while they are busy, and toss it on the floor and say you are such a crazy sleeper that it fell of your bed. Smoothes things over wonderfully.

Sally said...

This has happened to me. It's bad! Last time, I asked my son "I wonder why the toothfairy didn't come! Can you think of any reason?" and he came up with an excellent reason (it had to do with fairy traffic). Made us both feel better.