Monday, November 10, 2008

I give up!!!


A lot of tooth drama in our house! Miles and Caleigh both lost teeth this past week (caleigh finally pulled out that other top one.) So they were so excited for the tooth fairy to come. But... I forgot again. In my defense, Mike is the usual fairy, I have never had to do it before. I guess I am not in the habit. Miles was the first to discover that the TF did not come. When Mike asked if he came, Miles just shrugged his shoulders. How sad is it that my two seven year olds have completely lost trust in the TF. To make up for it, Mike said he would email the TF and tell them that Mom and Dad were just going to take care of it this time. The kids each got to pick out a new toy. Yikes, the TF is so much cheaper. But how else do you get rid of the guilt of forgetting to uphold this long standing tradition.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Laura,
You should have your mom write a letter from the "tooth fairy" to both kids, and mail it, without a return address. Then it will come in the mail, and they'll be excited. She could put a few stickers in there too! ;-)

Just US said...

It is nice to know I am in good company when it comes to forgetting! The tooth fairy has been REALLY busy on many nights - whether there was a snowstorm, it is raining, or whatever else I can think of off the top of my head that morning. I wish you luck with remembering next time.

The Crazy Heads said...

Way to go!!!! Well at least they don't seem to be too disappointed.

Sally said...

Yikes! You forgot again! Sorry, but I'm laughing. :)

Next time you have a tooth for the tooth fairy, your kids might be hoping she forgets so they can get toys instead of a quarter!

Tracy said...

Mike is the usual fairy is my new favorite line ever written in a blog! Have Mike tell the kids that when the lose a tooth they should tell him to email the toothfairy ahead of time as a reminder:).

Retired and Happy said...

Okay the letter is in the mail from the tooth fairy explaining he/she was very sick and hope they forgive him. With a few extra coins to help out the situation. So you can get off the hook of toys every time.

Laura said...

Thanks Mom and Dad. I did tell the kids I was "frustrated" with that toothfairy and if she doesn't start coming regularly then we are just going to "fire" her and go with someone else. Like another tooth fairy service. I'm sure there is more than one...