Thursday, November 13, 2008

If you were rich...

The other day my friend and I were talking about what routines we would add to our life if we were "rich." (I don't know what defines "rich" in your mind, but for me it would be NOT a collage student budget.) So my friend said she would want Fresh Flower put in her house once a week. I mentioned I would want a mani/pedi done every week. Maybe every two weeks for the pedicure. So what would you want, if you suddenly found yourself with unlimited funds? I borrowed this picture from my sister in laws blog. Look at those cute toes, and I LOVE her red sandles. Oh and all these pictures were taken in Australia!, where she just got back from. (And, Yes, I am bragging about Tracy's life, since I have nothing to brag about of my own right now.)

3 comments:

Triessa said...

That is hilarious how she took pictures of her feet everywhere she went. If I had unlimited funds I would DEFINITELY have a housekeeper or maid that came in to do my LAUNDRY and TOILETS!!! (I get excited just dreaming of it.:)

Laura said...

"feet" pictures are kinda of a Peterson thing. I took tons of my kid's feet when we first got to NH. Beach tootsies are so cute!

I want a house keeper too, I'm adding that to my list.

Emily said...

Oh--I would definetly have a weekly housecleaner come--in addition to cleaning, I with Triessa--LAUNDRY! I would have her change all the bed sheets and put them in the wash, and do the rest of the laundry as well--washed, folded and put away.

If I were amazingly rich, I think I'd have a part-time chef. That would be AWESOME! I'd probably eat a lot healthier too--more fresh veggies and fruits, less convenience foods.

Plus I'd have a personal trainer. My sister Robin (at thebossyblog.blogspot.com --a sister's blog for WOMEN--it is fun and I love it when Laura comments ;-)) anyway, they're not really rich, but she has been working with a personal trainer for about 8 months. It sounds like it has been such a great thing. It is a woman in her neighborhood who just certified. Robin says one of the biggest improvements she's noticed is strength in her knees and balance. She talks about hiking and how she used to be hesitant and a little nervous when she'd go on hikes that required some big steps on steep rocks, but now she has more balance and strength. I'm totally jealous.

Besides, I will always take the easy way out--it is in my genetic make up, bummer. So I need a trainer to push me.

Laura--what a great post.

Oh--we'd have a cabin, about 45 minutes from home, so that it was easy to get to.

And two dogs.

And the potter barn media center with all the organizational furniture and accessories--that would be my command station. And a room just for crafting/sewing/creative projects.

I better stop now.