Wednesday, March 14, 2012

a quick trip...

I have put off posting about our life right now.  Mostly because there are so many unknowns, but this is our family journal and I should record some of these events.  

Mike is currently finishing up his dissertation and has plans to graduate this spring (yikes, did I just jinx it)  he is really aiming high and there is still the possibility that the stars won't align and he will have to graduate next fall.  
But since he is close, he has put out job applications all over the country at various colleges and universities.  So far,  not very many have gotten back to him (stupid economy).   He has had a few phone interviews that panned out to be nothing, and he made it to the top 6 at one university we really wanted.  But what good is being in the top 6 if the first choice takes the job? So that brings us to this point...

He has a job interview in Long Island tomorrow!  (again...am I jinxing it?  I won't tell him I posted this till after).  I don't want to share too much about how were feeling about this interview.  But I do want to share this.  Throughout this whole process I have been on a small emotional rollercoaster.  I'm not sure I want to move, but I do.  I hate to leave our life here, but I know we'll make a new life somewhere else.  etc. etc. etc.

I feel overwhelmingly confident that the Lord has a plan for us and if we are patient (not one of my characteristics) and do all we can do, we will be led to a job/life that will fit our family and help us grow in the gospel. 
 And if nothing works out and we end up staying in NH for another year, at least we know we love it here, we have wonderful friends and a great ward.  

3 comments:

Melissa said...

There is something very unsettling about: 1. moving, 2. trying to find a job, 3. the unknown
I am so grateful that you have faith that you will be taken care of. You had such a great attitude when you moved to NH, so far away from family. I am sure you will be happy wherever is right for your family!

The Crazy Heads said...

just don't leave before july.

Shannon and Family said...

We were hoping for a move closure to the west side of the U.S. I do know that whereever you end up, you all will make the best it.