Monday, March 26, 2012

New York...these lights will inspire you...

Mike and I had a great time on our quick trip to NY.  A HUGE Thank you to my friend Mary for willingly offering to watch my kids so Mike and I could go together. Seriously what would I do without you?

So we left Wed. afternoon and got back late Thursday night, so it really was a quick trip but we got to add some "first."  We drove down thru Mass, then through Connecticut.  Just driving thru, you could tell Conn. is a charming place to live.  

As we arrived in LI it was night and we got to see the lights of NYC.  AWESOME.!  

Since Mikes interview wasn't until the afternoon we took the opportunity to drive to fire island a island right off of LI.  Beautiful beaches, and the super gorgeous FI lighthouse.  
   

 Something unique about FI is that there are a lot of wildlife on the island.  Like Deer!  How did those deer get there?  Bridge?  Swim?  It's a mystery to me.


The following pictures are my car tour of NYC!!!! After Mike's interview at Farmingdale State College I talked him into driving into the city, but the agreement was we could not park and walk around, since we wanted to get back to the kiddos and it was getting late.  





This guy welcomed us as we entered the city...Hello NYC!




EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! (or not...who knows from this angle)












Driving through Central Park...






Aaahhh, we're Taxi-trapped.  Seriously They are everywhere.

Leaving the city, Mike was only slightly frazzled, and I was awestruck by all the beautiful buildings, people, and the entire experience.   I can't wait go back another time.  And I dare anyone to drive through the city and NOT sing every NY song you know.  IT's impossible. 

2 comments:

Titus Fam said...

What a fun quick adventure!!!

Shannon and Family said...

I love the lighthouse! You probably saw more from the car than if you were on foot.