Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's day this year was wonderful.  I love watching how excited the kids get to hand over their homemade presents.

Elliot woke me up with her hands behind her back.  "Here" she said as she proudly held up her Dumbo stuffed animal.  Last year Mike got her extra elephant stuffed animal (she has two of the exact same ones, in case we lose one, only she knows the difference and calls one her "big" elephant-it has more stuffing-and one her "little" elephant.) Now I get an elephant too.  It makes me smile to walk into my room and see Dumbo sitting on my nightstand and "big" elephant sitting on Mike's nightstand.  It's like were in a secret elephant club with Elliot.  Because who doesn't need a stuffed elephant to go to sleep.

Griffin made his own present at home, since his class at school didn't do anything.  He cut out a heart and taped it to a paper lunch bag.  Inside was a homemade card with questions like:

Who's favorite color is red?  Mom
Who's a very good cook? Mom
Who does everyone love? Mom
and finally,
Who makes everyone laugh?  Dad
He was giggling the whole time I was reading it.  What a jokester!  I love that kid

Caleigh planted flowers in a pot for me at Activity day girls.  They're yellow mums that are so large and beautiful.  She was so disappointed that the largest bloom broke off that morning while she was getting it out of it's hiding spot, but I assured her, it would grow back, and I loved it.

Miles class made laminated pictures of flowers in a pot with the childs picture on it.  I hung it on the wall and I see Miles cute face everytime I go to log on to the computer.  I love that kids dimples and big round eyes.  He has been a little mopey lately, and I have been worried about him.  But I gave it some time and discovered if I hug him and joke that I'm "hugging the grumpy out of him" he smiles and returns to his old self.  Love that kids smile.  I love that he's growing up and doing more and more things on his own.  I love that I can leave him in charge and he does a pretty good job.  And I love his talent in music and his ability to make friends with anyone.

I love being a Mom.  It's hard at times and I wish I could do more, be more for them, but then I remind myself, Heavenly Father entrusted me with these children, he must know that I'm enough just the way I am, or at the very least, I'll get there eventually.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So sweet!

Kata said...

You are an astounding mother. I love and look up to you so very much!