Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Meanwhile at the cabin...

The boys always have the most amazing time at 40 pines. They get to hike, fish, ride 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, shoot bb guns, fart, and tell potty jokes all week. And all without a female in site. Mike took a TON of pics so I won't be posting them all, but I did put together these few collages. Also this trip was especially eventful for my Dad and Griff. My poor father's axle on his trailer broke on the way in to the camp. Luckily a guy drove by and knew just what to do. Phew!

I have no idea what Mike was doing with these photos but I crack up every time I see them. There are more to the "series" but I'll only put a few of my favorites.
fierce


Sexy


Sad


Griff got into a little trouble himself. He jumped off the back of a dirt bike and caught his shin on the foot peg. They were away from the cabin (hence the dirt bike) and Mike knew he needed help instantly. Griffs face drained of color and he wouldn't talk. He later said it did't hurt he just got scared looking at it. Again my boys were watched over by some fellow woodsmen. They helped bandage up his leg and Griff got to go to the ER in Rexburg, ID. He got bragging rights to 11 stitches and spoiled rotten with toys and shakes. Mike said he didn't cry at all, but put on a brave face. I'm so glad my little man was being watched over and thankful for the help he got.
Who needs a doctor? Look at this stellar bandage. Duck tape works for everything. Truly I am so grateful that it wasn't worse and that everyone took such good care of Griff. Even back at home G. Frankie, Caleigh and I were buying stuff to spoil him when he got home.

The injured leg didn't interfere with the rest of the week too much. He did have to stay off of it, but fishing seemed to be a nice quiet activity.



1 comment:

Retired and Happy said...

I called it "Job week" as it seemed we had a adverse event each day, but I could not believe all the blessings we received too! I can confindently say that the Lord was watching out for us and help was never far away.
Tom, as always was a great host at the cabin. 40 Pines has become one of my favorite places. Thanks Tom and thank you Father....

G pa