Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why I love my Mommy!

This is really hard to write, being 2, 700 miles away from my Mom. I mostly don't dwell on that fact, but on special days like today, when all you want to do is hug your mommy, it's hard to overlook.

So the 5 reasons I love my wonderful mother...

-My mother is the rock of our family. She has kept all of her 4 children centered in the gospel. She has taught us to rely on our Heavenly Father for everything. I never knew how much she did until I became a mother and realized how hard it is. She married my father, who was not a member of the church, but she still went every Sunday and her example helped build my fathers testimony. It didn't take too long, but many sets of missionaries, for him to join the church.

-My mom is a workaholic. As a child I might not have appreciated this, when it was time to clean my room. But I see what she has taught me through her example. Every Saturday was family work day, and because of that our yard was the nicest in the neighborhood. She taught me how to be a good employee when I started out in the workforce. She still is unable to sit down and relax until the house is tidy and all of her chores are done. Even when she is at my house! It used to drive me crazy, like I couldn't take care of my own house, but I learned this is how she showed her love, and so I always left dishes in the sink or a load of laundry for her to fold.

-My mom loves to laugh and have fun. She plans fun family activities for all of us to enjoy. She loves getting down on the floor and playing with the grandchildren. She is always ready for a card or board game, sometimes with a baby on her lap. She hates getting her hair wet in the pool, but would always take us swimming. She loves to have fun!

-My mother has a generous heart. She rarely things of herself and is always thinking of other. She is always wishing she could do more, when we all know she does more than she should have too.

-Lastly, I love my mother for teaching me how to be a good wife and mother. She loves my father more than anything in this world. I know because I watched them for 18 years and knew there was nothing she wouldn't do for my father. She still cooks him a hot dinner every night and consults his opinion on most things. If I'm doing anything right as a wife, it's because of my mothers example.


We all love you MOM. Happy mothers day.

3 comments:

Retired and Happy said...

You are the best and thank you for your comments even though you were way too nice. I love you and thank you for being my wonderful daughter and a wonderful wife and mother.

Retired and Happy said...

I would say amen to your comments Laura, I included many of the points you made in my talk before I even read your Blog. One more thing I added was I hope I will be there when Heavenly Father crowns her Queen in heaven because she is already a queen to me!
Laura though my observations I think you are a wonderful Mother an wife. I love being with you and your family. You guys are so much fun and I know a big part of that is because of you!!
Dad

The Super Nerd said...

I say ditto to all of that!