Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why I love my Frankie.

I have an amazing mother, and when I married my cute husband Mike, I got an amazing Mother in Law, Frankie. So here are the TOP 5 reasons I love Frankie and what I have learned from her so far.

-Frankie is all class. She knows everything about how to set a beautiful table to how to decorate your home. I love her style and look for pieces to add to my home decor that remind me of her.

-She is a crafty lady. She has an awesome scrapbook setup and has made our family MANY scrapbooks, that we enjoy looking at. When her kids were young, she had her own kiln and made dolls from top to bottom (including their intricate clothing). There's really nothing her creative mind can't do.

-Frankie loves babies! I mean what grandmother doesn't? But, I think Frankie could have sat all day holding my fussy, messy babies. She loved feeding them their bottles and rocking them to sleep. As soon as we would walk in the door, she would drop everything and put her hands out. Thank you for loving on them, when I was too exhausted too.

-We are spoiled, because of this women. Every birthday, Christmas, and special occasion, she makes sure we feel loved with a card with a check (Mike's favorite part!) When we lived close she would show up with an armful of presents for the kid's birthdays. And Mike still remembers getting a bag of cash when he graduated from college.

-And lastly, I love this lady so much, because she is an amazing mother. She raised her children in the Gospel, teaching them all the basics, helping them through scouting and young womens. She loves her children for who they are, finding the positives in each of them. I've really appreciated her pointing out things I missed in my own children. Like when Miles, at age two, would break every toy he owned, she said he would make a great engineer.

We love you Frankie! Thanks for being YOU.

1 comment:

Retired and Happy said...

Laura is right on Frankie, Marie and I wish we saw you and Tom more.