Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Red coats are coming...




After 6 months of being in NH we FINALLY made the hour and fifteen minute drive to Boston, MA. School was still canceled because of the storm, so we took advantage of the free time and spent the day in Boston. There is sooo much to see and do, we just relaxed at the park at Boston Commons and let the kids play. We also walked some of the freedom trail (this takes you to all the historical sites.) And we even ate at Cheers (Not the real Cheers, but the Cheers themed restaurant). The buildings are amazing, and the shopping is great! We did do one museum, the "Old South Church" where the people gathered before the Boston Tea Party. It is Beautiful inside. The children loved the cemeteries and all of the sculptures. It was a great day, and we can't wait to go back. My favorite part...eating Boston Cream Pie. We found the hotel that made the first Boston Cream Pie and paid 8.50 for a piece. We all got 2 bites, it was worth it!

2 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

Yeah, for cancelled school days. I love the building pictures. They look so antique. Glad to hear your surving the storm. Take care!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you finally made it to Boston! I love exploring that city. I remember doing the freedom trail and visiting the gravesites of people I heard about my whole life. It made them real. Of course, we also went to Mother Gooses gravesite which just made me sad! Were you at the Cheers at Fanuiel Hall? I love shopping there.