Friday, April 4, 2008

Life Happens; while your making plans.

So most of you know Mike has applied for graduate school all over the country. He has been accepted to everywhere he applied to, except Purdue (he is on a wait list for a TA-ship). So we have been racking our brains, praying, and asking everyone's opinions trying to figure out what is the best place for us to move our family. I mean, I can't imagine not living 10 minutes from both our parents and family sunday dinners at my Moms.
Anyway this post is to let you all know the plans so far. Up until a few weeks ago we were heading to Utah. I was so excited with the idea of being close to family and live in a place that offered so much. But, it seems like life is going to take us in a different direction, for now. And although not everything is definite we have made some decisions for our future. If Purdue (in West Lafayett, Indiana) accepts Mike with a Teaching Assistantship we will go there, but if not then we are heading farther East, to Dover, New Hampshire. I can't tell you how excited I am with both options. I keep coming back to the feeling that the Lord will guide us and we will feel peace in our decision. So this is where our lives are right now and I will keep you all posted on the final decision.

A building on the campus of UNH

Purdue University

7 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

I am so excited for you guys. It will be an adventure you will never forget. We will miss you! Keep us posted.

val said...

Wow, you guys have a lot to think about. It is pretty exciting, That picture is gourgeous. We will miss you where ever you go.

val said...

Wow, you guys have a lot to think about. It is pretty exciting though. That picture is gorgeous.
You'll end up right where your suppose to be. We will all miss your sweet little family.

The Crazy Heads said...

Laura, I am so happy for you guys. I think that no matter where you go you will have an awesome time. I am kinda excited for you guys to go to NH. Don't get me wrong, I will miss you guys like crazy (who will I go to Carls JR with?) but Ryan and I really want to make a trip out to see you guys no matter where you go. It just so happens that I have always wanted to go back East. Good Luck either way and we will support you.

The Super Nerd said...

While it will be hard to see you go that far away, I have to say I am so excited for you...and a little bit jealous. It has always been my dream to go to school in New England. I know if you are trying to do it the way the Lord wants you to, it will be for the best. Knowing I will miss you tons, I support you 100 percent. Besides, who doesn't need a trip to New Hampshire to visit their sister.

Melissa said...

Oh how well I understand how things fall into place even if it isn't something you've ever considered before.
The Lord will take care of you and bless you for putting your faith in Him. You guys are awsome.
I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear where you will end up.
What an adventure!!

Tracy said...

I am very excited for you all and I really can't wait to come visit you in New Hampshire!!! And, thanks to your excellent blogging skills, I know that we will get lots of photos and updates.