Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm a big girl now!

One night I left the room after dinner and came back to find my 1yr old feeding herself.
Apparently she didn't get enough food. I rarely let her feed herself despite what all the expert say. My other children eat fine and I didn't let them make a huge mess at dinner either. So this is Elli letting me know she is a big girl now. Ready to take on the world of utensils and dinner, all by herself. (please ignore my obnoxious voice in the video, why do I feel the need to talk every second?) I love in the video how she gets some spaghetti on her finger and she acts so disgusted by it.


This was taken a couple of weeks ago, so you can imagine how much better at eating she is. Tonight we took the kids to Carl's Jr. so they could eat and play around. Elliot sat in a booster seat at the table with the rest of us. She discovered fry sauce. She sat and carefully dipped each bite of her dinner in the fry sauce before she ate it. I am sure the guy who made "super-size me" would be so proud.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Shannon and Family said...

What a fun stage in life where they are figuring big things out. I love little elliott and how adventurous she is.

Tracy said...

Ah! She is definitely my niece! Fry sauce was one of the things I really missed when I moved to California as it is definitely a Utah/Idaho thing! And, as Elli has discovered, all food tastes better when dipped in it.

The Crazy Heads said...

so cute, Ali loved watching it with me

Anonymous said...

She looks so proud of herself standing on the table! Isn't it funny how kids can make a french fry last longer when they can dip it in fry sauce in every bite?

Melissa said...

Of course it was spaghetti too! It couldn't have been chicken nuggets she decided to feed herself, right? So cute!

val said...

I'm glad to see that those kinds of
things happen for everyone. Love the pics of the grandkids.