Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Forks, WA

Where have I been? I know you are all wondering. I have been spending the last weeks inside a series of books that take place in Forks, Washington. I have been reading the "Twilight" series. I know they are overly popular and I won't bear my testimony on how good they are. But since starting the first book a little over a week ago my life seems to be put on hold. I never get on the computer anymore and my laundry has piled up, dishes are overflowing in the sink, I can't remember when I last bathed my baby (the older kids can bathe themselves) and I think most of Elliot's snacks are coming from the floor these days. This is why I don't read!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Yeah, someone should have warned you. I really wonder how those books can be so addictive. More addictive than any I've read. I also am a bit embarrassed that I was so influenced by them (neglecting my family). Don't think you are alone in that.

Anonymous said...

Those are some of my favorite recent reads as well!!! They are so different and refreshing!
Tres

Hot Rod said...

You are way too funny! I hear you though. I do the same when I get caught up in something.

Janessa said...

I have heard about that book series. Is that the one with the vampire? I have heard they are addicting. -Janessa

Michelle said...

Yeah I think Rod was wondering when the laundry and dinner would be done again when I read them. I can't wait for book four to come out in August and the movie will open in December. She also has another book coming out this month called, The Host. A sci-fi book for people who don't usually read sci-fi. You'll have to check it out.