Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I did always want to marry a Doctor.

Okay, not really, but I am married to one now!  A Doctor of Rhetoric and Comp that is.  Mike defended his dissertation yesterday and it passed.  (or do I say they accepted it?  I don't know all the terminology).

The kids and I are so proud of Mike.  He has worked unbelievably hard these past 7 months to research and write his dissertation (all 210 pages of it).  He had a few professors admit they didn't think he could do it in such a short time, but he put his mind to it and got it done, (I knew he could do it all along).  We are so grateful for all the people who helped him along the way, and of course the complete support from family and friends.

Mike you rock, and I will gladly call you Doctor now.  And even though Elliot doesn't understand that the title "Doctor" can go to more than just a medical doctor, she knows that you "fix" papers and that's all that matters.


2 comments:

Titus Fam said...

Yay Hurray!!! Way to go Mike.

Shannon and Family said...

Wahoo! Time to celebrate! Way to go Mike!