Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We LOVE Valentines

Did you get what you wanted for Valentines day?  I got a extra special surprise...a bejeweled stapler!  Mike bought it as a joke, but I love it and have been needing a new stapler for some time.  So I decided to stage it for your viewing pleasure...
isn't is just gorgeous, don't you wish this is what you got for Valentines day?

  The kids got their traditional shirts and candy.  I didn't get to snap a photo of all their shirts, because I had to be to the school early, but the boys each say they love video games, and Caleigh's shirt was a monkey with heart glasses.  Elliot's is pictured below.  They got way too much candy, and Mike made them his cute homemade Valentines day cards.




And thanks to Mary, Mike and I were able to spend the whole day together.  We headed down to Newburyport, MA. It's very similar to Portsmouth, NH (which we love).  We found a great restaurant, Not your average Joes, and then walked around downtown.  



Then Mike drove us to Plum island that sits a few miles from Newburyport.  It is mostly residential (could you image living there?) but they do have some public parking and the beach is all public.  It was the most romantic beach we've been to.  Maybe it was the lack of a crowd, or the long grass, the perfect blue sky, or maybe even the long boardwalk, but it was breathtaking.  Mike and I walked around for just a little bit (long walk on the beach anyone?) and enjoyed talking and taking pictures.  I love our time here in New England, I love my Husband, and I love my life.  Happy Valentines.



1 comment:

Titus Fam said...

I love the stapler! It makes me want to staple something. The beach was gorgeous - and the cards were awesome, as always. Happy Valentine's you guys!