Sunday, February 12, 2012

February is Caleigh's Month


Caleigh is a local Celebrity!  She won 3rd place in a essay contest about her school "Henry Wilson" and it's history (she must get it from her Daddy who just got another essay published).  Her picture was taken and will be in the newspaper,  and her essay will be posted at the historical society.  I haven't read the essay yet, this is something she did in class, but we are so proud of her.


Caleigh's teacher Mrs. Thorp has an annual potluck around Valentines day.  The students set it up and greet their guest at the door.  ONe thing I think is neat, her teacher requires every student to have a guest.  So if a family member is unavailable then a staff member is asked to be the students guest.  Caleigh was so wonderful, I got to see her silliness around her friends, and she was so polite.  She would ask me every few minutes if I needed anything.  I appreciate so much a teacher that cares not only about academics but, helping her students develop into respectful people.  

Thank you Caleigh and Mrs. Thorp


No comments: