Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandma Frankie

It's so rare we get to celebrate a birthday with family, we just had to make a big deal about Grandma Frankies birthday. I am so lucky to have Tom and Frankie as in-laws and we all them so much. Frankie has some health problems, and has days where she can't even leave the house because of pain, but she is still willing to hop on a plane, spend all day flying, just to see her grandson get baptized. What a great grandma!
We all went to dinner at Johnsons, our favorite local restaurant. Yummy, yummy fish and chips, baked scallops, clam chowda, and burgers (although, no one got the burgers this time.)

We ended the night with presents, and I tried my hand at Baked Alaska's This one was mint/chocolate, the other one was blueberry ice cream/yellow cake. My friend Emily made these a few times, and they turned out to be pretty easy to put together, although, next time I hope my meringue comes out a little better. But they were still delicious!

No comments: