Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer is in Full Swing!

We have been so spoiled to have Tracy, Frankie and Tom here for the past few weeks. We have been hitting the beach with them as much as we can. The weather hasn't been perfect, but warm enough for swimming and playing in the sand.

These collages are from this week, it was a little overcast but warm. We had so much fun drawing in the sand, and playing in the waves. Too bad the sun wasn't out, the pictures would have turned out better. But I can't let a summer go by without some beach pictures.

Mike loves to look for the biggest shells he can, this time he found one, with the clam still inside. Just a few more and we could have had a clam bake.




Elliot is very into "dances" right now. Some of her fav's to perform for us are: ice cream dance, pizza dance, beach dance, go to church dance, and her most often performed the potty dance. They all look the same, she applies enthusiasm to each and everyone. Good job Elliot.




Caleigh, Elliot and Griff are my artist. Not that Miles can't draw, it's just he doesn't enjoy it as much as the other three. Elliot is getting pretty good, she is starting to draw people with arms and legs coming out of their heads (no bodies yet). So what more could a budding artist want, but a stick and a entire beach of clean sand ready to draw on. They had so much fun, I did too.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Eliott and Lydia would get along famously, I think.
When are you guys coming?

The Crazy Heads said...

I love all the sand art. The collage with everything starting with the letter "s" I actually thought Laura did it until I read it, Caleigh is very good. I like the idea of writing the year and location in the sand, good idea! Looks like lots of fun!

Titus Fam said...

SO ADORABLE. I love all the collages. It makes me really want to go to the beach!

The only problem is that Ellie seems so much older already in them! Could she have grown so much in just a couple months? She's not allowed to grow at all. Tell her, please. None of the kids are allowed to grow up without me there. I can't bear it!!!

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

I picked up a clam and it spit at me. Unless they are empty I'm not picking them up anymore.