Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthday Boy





Our Griffin is 7 now. I teased him saying, "Griff, I just got rid of two 7 year olds, do you think you could stay 6?" He asked what was wrong with 7yr olds. Nothing, just means everyone is growing up.

Seriously though, Griffin is the BEST kid. He is a great listener, and rarely needs to be told twice to do something. He is kind and considerate, in fact, he told his brother and sisters all he wanted for his birthday was for everyone to be kind to each other for the whole day. He always seems to be happy and in a good mood. He takes such good care of Elliot when he's in charge of her. Which you can tell, since she loves to run to him when he gets home from school.

Griffin has been working really hard this year with learning to read, and in his speech therapy. He also has discovered a love for writing (I wonder where he gets that?) and his teacher says he often has to attach more paper to the end of his journal pages so he can finish his thoughts. He requested a journal this year, and writes in it almost every night. Then the next morning he has me help him correct all the misspelled words. He also loves spending time with Mike watching football. He asked Mike all the time, "Dad, is there a football game on tonight."

Happy birthday Griffin.

Griffin wanted to go Bowling for his birthday and he invited the Titus family to join us.

3 comments:

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Love the bowling shoes on little Elli. Happy Birthday Griff.

Tracy said...

Happy birthday Griffin :). Love the bowling pictures. When I first say Elli and Christopher I thought "why don't I recognize Griffin? He looks so young". Clearly senility has set in. Thankfully I recognized him further down in the pictures!

Tell Griffin I said hi and that I too love to watch football with my dad!

The Heads said...

He is so handsome. They are all so big! I miss them so much it hurts my heart! Aunt Erin loves her little loves! kisses