Saturday, September 12, 2009

A place for everything, and everything...

After spending all of last school year tripping over backpacks and coats, I knew I needed a new system. Pottery Barn had just the answer, wonderful lockers, but they unfortunately came at a PB price.
So I started shopping around, and found a store here that would make them for me unfinished, but they still wanted $159 per unit. I knew Mike and I could do better. So after whining and complaining and threatening to "just make them myself," Mike agreed to help out. Truly, it was me who was helping out. My amazing husband build these lockers for me. The wood and supplies cost around a $100 (that included a new sander) and we used paint left over from our friends last project.
I'm so glad Mike took on this project with me. It was fun working together, and they turned out better than I could have hoped for.


Here they are in action, isn't organization beautiful!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE these! Send Mike over to make me some!

The Crazy Heads said...

LOVE it!!!! You guys did great. Will you make me some and send them my direction???? That would be great.

Quail Ridge Travelers said...

Go Mike! My bet was on Mike playing the piano while you built them.

val said...

Isn't great to do things yourself. They look great. I can't beleive how grown up the kids look. Very fun, enjoy the freedom.

Retired and Happy said...

I am impressed you two did great. I love that you did them yourself. What a savings. By the way we miss you!