Saturday, October 20, 2007

Daddy's 60th Surprise! Party


















My first blog has to be about my Dad's 60th party. My Mom asked all of us kids to pull something together and surprise my Dad. It was so much fun and we all spent many hours in front of our computer screens coming up with fun ideas for the 50's theme we picked out. The invites were Awesome (thanks Ryan and Tiff) and I think they raised expectations for the party to be really great. Well you tell me from the photos but, I think we delivered. My Aunt and Uncle came up from Nevada and helped pull off the surprise. Dad didn't even suspect when he walked into the church. So many friends and family came he even had a friend from childhood (Juliano) send him some pictures of the good ol' days and a Happy Birthday message. Mom put together a Shadow Box of some of his Vietnam memories and we had it on display. I think the best part of the night though was the skits that the kids and grandkids put on. We found out Sam is a born actor. The Skits were just a few memories that we thought should be acted out. Dad as a kid throwing cats of the barn roof, Mom and Dad's 1st kiss, Dad signing up for Vietnam, and the Famous Head Family Christmas bush story. It was a fun night and thank you to everyone who helped put it together. We'll be talking about it forever.

3 comments:

Larry Head said...

This is the second time i am responding since it would not send my message unless i had an account, yug another password to remember, any way i said it was the best 60th birthday part that i have ever had. Marie and i have the most creative kids, the party was such fun! And Laura if you didn't know it you are still my princes and always will be, you are a great organizer too and i will be forever greatful, maybe not in money, but i hope you see my love in so many other ways.

Emily said...

This is great Laura! Happy birthday Larry! It looks like such a fun party. You are so talented. Keep bloggin'!

-Emily (Austin) Plicka

Kata said...

LAURA!! I am sure the pics don't even do it justice! It is so stinkin cute! You are so full of cute ideas! I love your Dad so much! Please send my birthday wishes to him!! What a great man he is! I think of him as another father you know!! You're amazin lou!!